[Twisted-Python] Another inlinecallback question

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 17:39:14 EST 2008

Hi Folks:

Another inclinecallback question.

This time I am using PyAMF. Like xmlrpc, operations
are method calls. So I have the following:

def echo(self, x):
        .
        .
    return result

now from my PyAMF.operation, I want to do the
following,

@defer.inlineCallbacks
def echo(self, x):
    result = yield someCallResultingInADeferred()
    return result

the problem is that echo is now a generator, I can't
write -

return result - returns in generators can't take
arguments.

Once again, I am at a bit of loss about how to
structure the code. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Cheers,
Andrew