[Twisted-Python] LDAP server based on python

Ottavio Campana ottavio at campana.vi.it
Wed Jan 23 13:24:10 EST 2008

xavier dutoit ha scritto:
> If I read properly, the ldap server is something for testing, but not
> production ready (eg no security/acl implemented by default). Am I
> right ? Did Ottavio Campana manage to have something working and did
> he publish the result of his modifications ?

Yes, I got something useful, it's going to be deployed soon but
eventually I didn't come out with acls. Even though I have to say
ldaptor fits well in my project and for some aspects I'm happier than
with openldap.

> In short, is there a simple example of a server with a sql backend,
> that implement searches ?

I have a web application I wrote with twisted web. This application
saves data in a sqlite file. Whenever the user modifies it from the web,
the application updates also the files used by ldaptor, since what I
need is only to export them with ldap.

It does not have acls, but I managed to get something similar by
patching how the ldap server works. Moreover, to prevent corruption I
modified how operations different from search behave.

What do you want to do?

About doc: in ldaptor/protocols/ldap/ldapserver.py I found nearly
everything I needed, give al look also to ldaptor/ldiftree.py to see how
not to store everything in memory but in a filesystem. Also give a look
at http://www.inoi.fi/open/trac/ldaptor/browser/trunk/test-ldapserver.tac

I hope it is enough, I've been able to understand how it works from
these files.

Bye,

Ottavio

--
Non c'e' piu' forza nella normalita', c'e' solo monotonia.