[Twisted-Python] epollreactor for pyicq-0.6-t

Steven ZHOU steven_zhou at ctl.creative.com
Tue Jan 8 09:50:54 EST 2008

Hi,

I hope some one could offer me some help on this. I am quite new to both
python and twisted.

The thing I do may sounds a bit wierd. I am using a pyicq-0.6-t. As
pyicq-0.6-t only works with twisted-2.2 or earlier, so I chose to install
twisted-2.2. However, I wished to use epollreactor as the default
selectreactor only supports 1024 file descriptors. So I copied the relevant
files of epollreactor which is installed on twisted-2.5 to the
site-packages/twisted-2.2 directory. I copied 5 files in the total,
epollreactor.py, epoll..pyx to the twisted/internet directory, _epoll.py
_epoll.pyc and _epoll.so to twisted/python directory. I can't remember the
exact file names. I copied it with a hope that it works. I am not sure
whether I am doing thing stupid here. correct me if I am.

The thing is, after I changed the reactor.py to import epollreactor,
pyicq-0.6-t seems to be using epollreactor but it still can only supports
1024 open sockets. I thought the problem is only in selectreactor? I
figured this out by doing a netstat -a -n on linux and found that
pyicq-0.6-t only opened about 1017 maximum concurrent sockets. I presume
that would mean only around 1000 connections can be made.

Although strange, but I do have a reason to use pyicq-0.6-t which is an
outdated version.

thanks a lot.

regards,
Steven
Notice
privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended
recipient,  any disclosure,  copying or distribution of the message,  or
any action taken by you in reliance on it,  is prohibited and may be
unlawful.  If you have received this message in error,  please delete it
and contact the sender immediately.  Thank you.