[Twisted-Python] ldaptor and bind

Tommi Virtanen tv at eagain.net
Mon Jan 7 18:02:31 EST 2008

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 11:52:52PM +0100, Ottavio Campana wrote:
> 1) how do I get the username and password used to bind in function
> def _cbSearchGotBase(self, base, dn, request, reply):
> ? with request.dn and request.auth?

LDAPServer's self.boundUser. And the password isn't stored any
longer than is required to process the LDAPBindRequest.

> 2) how do I modify request.filter? can I just append text?

It's an LDAPFilter instance. No, it's not a string.

> In this case, after having biding working I would be done. It's not full
> acl support, but it would be enough.

Umm, if you didn't even realize you need to protect against
modification, do you really think you can manage to implement
it securely?

--