[Twisted-Python] twisted application server

coder_gus coder_gus at lavabit.com
Wed Feb 27 04:11:36 MST 2008

Hi,
I am in charge of writing an application server for a three-tier
architecture system. It will receive requests&data trough an xml
protocol agreed with the client devs. Basically it will work on a
database and return the results to the client. The way I thought it is a
twisted server accepts connections from the clients, a coordinator
thread gets the request in a queue and pass them to free workers, which
in turn upon completion will place the result in the thread coordinator
response queue. The weird part is that another system places data in the
database when a specific request comes in so I have to permanently pool
the database for incoming data. This thing will be done with a pooling
thread.
So, my question is: is this kind of architecture good to implement?
(asynchronous server and threaded workers)
I might somehow miss some important details, but please feel free to ask
questions.

Thanks.