[Twisted-Python] Python C API version mismatch when importing twisted

Tim Allen screwtape at froup.com
Mon Feb 18 19:30:31 EST 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 12:42:53AM +0100, my list wrote:
> I installed python2.5 from source next to the standard debian
> python2.4 into /usr/local/lib/python2.5, redirect the link
> /usr/bin/python to /usr/local/bin/python2.5.

Unlike Fedora or RedHat, Debian does not require one particular version
of Python with any given version of the distribution - you don't have to
compile your own.

You should be able to "sudo aptitude install python2.5" and wind up with
/usr/bin/python2.5 along with /usr/bin/python2.4. If you're using the
Debian-packaged versions of Twisted, they should automatically be
available from Python 2.5 as well (no mucking around with installing
special python2.5-twisted packages).