[Twisted-Python] Twisted and python-ogre

Bernie Roehl broehl at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 14:00:25 EST 2008

On the (relatively low-end) machine I'm running on, I get 33 fps with with
0.01, and 43 fps with 0.0 or with the coiterator.

I'm leaning towards the coiterator approach, since I don't have to worry
about figuring out what value to pass.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Tristan Seligmann <
mithrandi at mithrandi.za.net> wrote:

> * Bernie Roehl <broehl at gmail.com> [2008-02-15 11:09:07 -0500]:
>
> > If I change the 0.01 to 0.0, I do indeed get a framerate comparable to
> using
> > the coiterator methord.
> >
> > I wouldn't have thought that waiting ten milliseconds between calls
> would
> > make such a substantial difference.
>
> It limits you to a maximum of 100 frames/sec or so (since there are 100
> ten millisecond intervals in a second); what sort of framerates are you
> seeing? Also, you should probably pick a number greater than 0, since
> there's not much point in rendering more than a certain number of frames
> every second -- the exact threshold at which it becomes pointless
> depends on a variety of application / environment specific factors,
> though.
> --
> mithrandi, i Ainil en-Balandor, a faer Ambar

Bernie Roehl
Mail: broehl at gmail.com