[Twisted-Python] Twisted and python-ogre

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi at mithrandi.za.net
Fri Feb 15 13:45:20 EST 2008

* Bernie Roehl <broehl at gmail.com> [2008-02-15 11:09:07 -0500]:

> If I change the 0.01 to 0.0, I do indeed get a framerate comparable to using
> the coiterator methord.
>
> I wouldn't have thought that waiting ten milliseconds between calls would
> make such a substantial difference.

It limits you to a maximum of 100 frames/sec or so (since there are 100
ten millisecond intervals in a second); what sort of framerates are you
seeing? Also, you should probably pick a number greater than 0, since
there's not much point in rendering more than a certain number of frames
every second -- the exact threshold at which it becomes pointless
depends on a variety of application / environment specific factors,
though.