[Twisted-Python] "_wait" is blowing up?!

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Sun Aug 24 04:08:03 EDT 2008

Hi Brian,

On 06:25 am, ellisonbg.net at gmail.com wrote:
>Some characteristics of the problem:
>
>1.  The problem only appears sometimes - seems random
>2.  The problem shows up in different test methods
>3.  Sometimes it hangs the tests suite for a long time - eventually
>twisted continues though
>
>Here is the traceback we get.
(...)
>It appears that something is going on in the deadly _wait.  Any
>thoughts on how we might fix this?

I realize that this problem is difficult to track down, but I'm not sure
what to tell you without more specific information about how your code
is interacting with trial.

Is your code available somewhere?

Do you reliably see this error eventually if you use trial --until-
failure?

Exactly what version of Twisted are you using?

What reactor do you typically run your tests under?

Not sure that I'd be able to tell you what's going on even with an
answer to all of these questions, but they'd be a start :).