[Twisted-Python] wxPython integration & msg sending from the GUI

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com
Mon Aug 18 06:11:33 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,

when using wxPython integration, if my GUI wants to send msgs, do I need
to schedule the msg sending through the reactor like is needed when
using non-reactor threads (see my post who's subject is "does
setTcpNoDelay() not work?"), like :

    reactor.callFromThread(srv.sendMessage, "my msg")

or can I directly call it like :

    srv.sendMessage(my msg")

? I followed the wx integration tutorial on the Twisted homepage. I
guess my question is more like : "Does the wxPython integration make it
run in the reactor thread or not".

Thank you,
Gabriel