[Twisted-Python] Re: Running twisted as an http server

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Mon Aug 4 21:53:54 EDT 2008

On 4 Aug, 03:23 pm, d.a.abernathy at gmail.com wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>I have written a small twisted application that I am trying to access
>over
>http.
>I have successfully created a tap file using mktap, but I still cannot
>access the
>application using http. Does anyone know how this is done ?

If you did

    mktap foo bar baz

to make your tap file, instead do

    twistd foo bar baz

to start the server with your desired configuration rather than
outputting a tap file.

Tap files are not a really good mechanism for dealing with configuration
and are being slowly phased out in favor of running twistd plugins
directly.