[Twisted-Python] Exit code using twistd

Miguel Filho miguel.filho at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 22:30:32 MDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Chris Miles <miles.chris at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Are you using the Twisted Application Framework to initialise your app?
>  http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/application.html

Yes, I am.

>  In my application, I parse the configuration file and set everything up
> before creating the service.Application and adding services.

All right, the code was much further in the process, running inside
startService and then calling sys.exit(1).

I was looking inside the code, and the service creation is executed
AFTER calling daemonize() I suppose, so my code was calling
sys.exit(1) while the process was already forked and has returned 0 to
the script.

I have moved all code to be loaded before creating any service at all
as you suggested and raising the proper exceptions. It's working fine,
thanks for the input.

Regards,

Miguel