[Twisted-Python] Problem with Jelly

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Sun Apr 27 07:34:47 MDT 2008

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 12:07:37 +0100, Simon Pickles <sipickles at hotmail.com> wrote:

> [snip]
>
>I kept adding complexity to TestJelly, approaching the structure of my
>GameObject class. It failed (with the InsecureJelly:method error) when I
>needed to make the passed class type an inherited one.
>
>I realised that GameObject is a subclass of Actor, and calls
>Actor.__init__() in its own __init__.
>
>So I tried making the actor jellyable too by doing this:
>----------------------
>#actor.py
>import stackless
>from log import logger
>from twisted.spread import pb
>
>class Actor:
>    def __init__(self, ch, logFunction):
>        self.rx = ch
>        self.logger = logFunction
>        self.processMessageMethod = self.MessageHandler

What are these three attributes?  `self.rx´, `self.logger´, and
`self.processMessageMethod´ have to be jellyable if you want to
mix `Actor´ into a class that you are going to jelly.  If these
attributes aren't supposed to be sent to the peer, then you need
to provide custom jellying logic to exclude them.

Jean-Paul