[Twisted-Python] Location of remote errors with PB

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Tue Apr 22 11:58:21 MDT 2008

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 18:48:43 +0100, Simon Pickles <sipickles at hotmail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>
>But got this:
>
>    pb.PBClientFactory.__init__(self, unsafeTracebacks = True)
>exceptions.TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument
>'unsafeTracebacks'
>
>I guess I should post a ticket about this?
>
>First time for everything!

Are you using Twisted 2.5?  unsafeTracebacks wasn't a parameter to
PBClientFactory.__init__ in 2.5, though you can still set it as an
attribute on an instance to achieve that effect.  Twisted 8.0 adds
that parameter to __init__, and the API documentation currently on
the website is for Twisted 8.0.

Jean-Paul