[Twisted-Python] Re: question about twisted web2

Maarten ter Huurne maarten at treewalker.org
Mon Apr 21 18:25:15 MDT 2008

On Monday 21 April 2008, inhahe wrote:
> i gather that twisted web is http 1.0, and http 1.0 doesn't support http
> pipelining, so i assume twisted web doesn't support it

Actually, twisted.web does support some HTTP 1.1 features. Looking at
twisted/web/http.py, I think pipelining is supported.

> twisted web2 says it fully supports 1.1, and 1.1 servers are required to
> support http pipelining, so i assume twisted web2 supports it
> so with a client that supports pipelining, wouldn't twisted web2 be much
> faster (for pages that have a lot of small images)?

In our setup, we use Apache to serve all static data. For dynamic data,
Apache acts as a reverse proxy and forwards requests to twistd.

> also, does twisted web2 support pipelining responses or only requests?

As far as I know, pipelining means re-using the same TCP connection for
multiple request/response cycles. If the requests are pipelined, there is
only a single TCP socket open through which responses can be sent, so they
must be pipelined as well.

Bye,
		Maarten