[Twisted-Python] My memory leak, diagnosed

Matthew Glubb matt at madebykite.com
Thu Apr 17 02:58:55 MDT 2008

Hi All,

I just wanted to put your minds at rest regarding what I though might
have been a problem with the epoll reactor. As always, inferring
anything from a production machine is not desirable and it seems that
my assumptions about epoll were based on coincidence.

I have since found the leak:

<http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/3188>

Unfortunately, my workaround involved rewriting my proxy code without
using twistd.web. I'll happily contribute a patch back to the
t.w.proxy code in time but for the moment it doesn't support
persistent connections (I wanted to keep it simple). I also feel that
t.w.proxy would be better served by making use of a reciprocal
IProducer / IConsumer arrangement between the ProxyServer protocol
and the ProxyClient protocol which is something that my workaround
does not implement.

Thanks again for Twisted,

Matt

Matthew Glubb
Technical Partner

email: matthew.glubb at madebykite.com
phone: 44 (0) 7715 754017
skype: mglubb

Kite
http://madebykite.com

--
GPG: 96FF DE0E 0B7B 37F0 7F8D C54C E285 3D8F 5625 9244