[Twisted-Python] HTTPS and subjectAltName

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Mon Apr 14 11:26:36 MDT 2008

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:41:40 +0200, Roland Hedberg <roland.hedberg at adm.umu.se> wrote:
>Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>>_AbstractServer is private, so you shouldn't touch it.  You can look at its
>>implementation (barely a page) to get some hints about what to write,
>>though.
>
>OK, this wasn't hard to do.
>
>But then I stumble on the next block and that's making a client use
>M2Crypto.

Hmm.  I assumed M2Crypto had client integration as well.  That's too bad.

>This turned out to be a bit tougher since the choice of SSL implementation
>is buried deep down in internet/tcp.py .

Yes.  However, this affects the server just as much as a client, so if
M2Crypto managed to do it for servers, it shouldn't be much more work to
do it for clients as well.

>Someone must have thought about allowing for a choice of implementation by
>specifying an abstract definition of functionality (base class/interface),
>right ?

Yes, http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/2706

As far as I know, no one has spent any time on it since the initial
discussion.

Jean-Paul