[Twisted-Python] why my my twisted program hanged and crash

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Fri Apr 11 07:57:20 MDT 2008

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:55:16 +0800, weiwei <weiwei at baosight.com> wrote:
>hi,all!
>
>Some day ago,I found my twisted program hanged and I try to kill it with "kill -15 mypid",then after some minutes,the program crashed and generated a core file.
>
>So I analyze the core with dbx(my os is AIX 5.3),the following is the result:
>
>Type 'help' for help.
>[using memory image in core]
>reading symbolic information ...
>
>Segmentation fault in extend_brk at 0xd02f97c0 ($t1)
>0xd02f97c0 (extend_brk+0xc8) 90040004        stw   r0,0x4(r4)
>(dbx) where
>extend_brk(internal error: assertion failed at line 3626 in file frame.c
>??, internal error: assertion failed at line 3626 in file frame.c
>??, internal error: assertion failed at line 3626 in file frame.c
>??) at 0xd02f97c0
>(dbx)
>
>I don't know why this happened:
>1) why my twisted program hanged? (I use pollreactor)
>2) why my twisted program crashed and generated a core file?

This probably isn't enough information to debug the problem (even if I had
any AIX experience).  It would probably be good if you could find out what
the Python process was doing when it was "hung".

Also, note that Twisted developers don't do any regular testing on AIX.
It may be that Twisted doesn't work very well on that platform.

Jean-Paul