[Twisted-Python] win32 reactors

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Tue Apr 1 00:29:11 MDT 2008

On 05:37 am, james at mansionfamily.plus.com wrote:
>glyph at divmod.com wrote:

>There's no point giving a commitment to doing more than discussing
>implementation approaches. With the
>best will in the world its unlikely to get to the top of my pile and
>there's no point living a fantasy.

I know the feeling.
>I do need to understand how limited the current implementation is
>though.

It seems you've figured out the limitations at this point.
>The curse of volunteer-ware, I guess.  Understandable, but a shame in
>some ways.

A few months ago, I would have just said "Oh well", but now, you can do
something about it!  If you don't have the spare time to contribute an
implementation, the Twisted project can now accept tax-deductible
donations by way of the Software Freedom Conservancy: you'll notice a
Google Checkout link on the front page of twistedmatrix.com.  We plan to
have most of this money go directly to funding development, so not
everything will necessarily be volunteer effort after that.