[Twisted-Python] documentation / kqueue / feedback

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Wed Apr 16 18:59:22 EDT 2008

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 00:17:50 +0200, Dr aio <dr.pythoniac at googlemail.com> wrote:
>Oops, me newbie. Sorry for the noise * g

No problem.  I think this is a common misunderstanding. :)

>I find it very strange anyway, that the beast breaks as soon as it's
>daemonized. Any idea, why ?

Not really.  Maybe forking is having some unpleasant interaction with
the kqueue state?  This seems like a stretch though.  Oops, actually
maybe that's exactly it?  I only have an OS X machine handy at the
moment, but maybe this is significant:

  The kqueue() system call creates a new kernel event queue and returns
  a descriptor.  The queue is not inherited by a child created with
  fork(2).

>And where can  I learn more about trial ?

There's a wiki page with not much information on it:

  http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/TwistedTrial

And a howto that's more about testing than about trial:

  http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/testing.html

Jean-Paul