[Twisted-Python] documentation / kqueue / feedback

Thomas Hervé therve at free.fr
Wed Apr 16 10:01:44 EDT 2008

Quoting Dr aio <dr.pythoniac at googlemail.com>:

> Kqueue seems to be vital to an event driven approach like TM, yet there are
> multiple versions of pykqueue floating
> around, none of them properly working (and I didn't fumble around. I
> plain simply used the FreeBSD port), some of
> them with some mor and some with some less "annotations" (I refuse to
> call that doc.)
>
> - How about getting 1 version of pykqueue properly running and into TM ?

The current one is grossly working, even though there are some
problems, and that the setup is not triavial. But a new reactor has
been developed, using Python 2.6 KQueue wrapper, and should be
available some day. See http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/1918 for
the progress on this field. Any tests and feedback would help this
going further.

--
Thomas