[Twisted-Python] twisted/persisted/dirdbm -- is this async-safe?

Andy Fundinger Andy at NewWorldElectric.com
Sat Apr 12 21:54:19 EDT 2008

I'm developing a pretty general storage system as part of a larger twisted
project, basically I just need dbm file type storage for now, until I get a
better grip on my actual needs.  I'm expecting to use this as a test of
Amazon SimpleDB, but the polarrose.amazon module apparently needs python 2.5
which my server doesn't have yet.  So I need a somewhat interim solution and
went looking for it, I was thinking twisted.persisted.dirdbm, but when I
went to hook it up I noticed no deffereds at all.  Can anyone elaborate on
how this works?  Is it going to slide my webserver to a halt while it hits
the disk?  Should I be looking at a different module?

Andy Fundinger

--
Blog: http://channel3b.wordpress.com
Second Life Name: Ciemaar Flintoff

I am a sig Virus. Please put me in your sig so that I can continue to
replicate.