[Twisted-Python] More trial problems with 8.0.1

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Thu Apr 10 18:17:05 EDT 2008

On 09:23 pm, ellisonbg.net at gmail.com wrote:
>OK, there is documentation, but I still don't think it is a good idea
>to rely on write permissions in this way.  Examples:

You're right, insofar as the person who should have read that
documentation was the author of the installer, and not you.  As a post-
installation action, the installer should load plugins and thereby write
all of the appropriate cache files.

You're correct in saying that end-users should not have to deal with
this edge-case.  However, that doesn't mean that the right fix is to
write the files somewhere else; the right fix is to have installers that
finish installation.