[Twisted-Python] HTTPS and subjectAltName

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Thu Apr 10 13:46:25 EDT 2008

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 19:37:33 +0200, Roland Hedberg <roland.hedberg at adm.umu.se> wrote:

> [snip]
>
>The error I get is:
>
>  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-
>packages/twisted/internet/ssl.py", line 169, in createInternetSocket
>  return SSL.Connection(self.ctxFactory.getContext(), sock)
>  TypeError: Connection() argument 1 must be Context, not instance
>
>So, if it possible to use M2Crypto together with Twisted ?
>If so, can someone tell me what I might have missed ?

M2Crypto includes support for Twisted.  So, if you want to use M2Crypto
instead of pyOpenSSL, you should use the APIs M2Crypto provides.

I can't find the M2Crypto documentation in 15 seconds of googling, but
here's some random internet stuff that seems to use the APIs you are
looking for:

  https://bosshog.lbl.gov/repos/benchmarks/perfcounter/cfg/m2crypto-server-config.tac

Jean-Paul