[Twisted-Python] failures, errbacks and exception handling

Nathan nathan.stocks at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 12:30:33 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 2:20 AM, Atilla <theatilla at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I still can't figure out how to make failure.trap() to work correctly
>  for me however. I'm trying to trap a mysqldb Operational exception,
>  but although the error is not further propagated after the trap call,
>  I get nothng in the return value.

I'm only two-months into twisted myself, and have never used trap(),
but from reading the api docs here:

http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/api/twisted.python.failure.Failure.html#trap

...it would seem that calling trap causes it to immediately
raise-to-the-next-errback anything you _don't_ trap.  Perhaps that's
the problem you're experiencing?  (Just a stab in the dark)

~ Nathan