[Twisted-Python] April 20 Sprint

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Mon Apr 7 19:52:13 EDT 2008

On 09:26 pm, ellisonbg.net at gmail.com wrote:
>Wow, we have been using web2 in ipython and this it is news to us as
>well that web2 is being phased out.

We are not going to be removing any functionality that is present in
web2.  See the link I posted in my last response -
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/TwistedWebPlan - for more details.

The general idea is that all the good / new stuff in twisted.web2 will
be made available somewhere in twisted.web.  All the bad, broken, or
unfinished stuff will be removed - but it's doubtful you even would have
been able to use this stuff in ipython; and if you did, then I'm sure
you'll be happy to have a version that actually works :).

The thing that is being phased out is the twisted.web2 *namespace*, not
all of the code.