[Twisted-Python] win32 reactors

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Wed Apr 2 20:04:26 EDT 2008

On 10:24 pm, james at mansionfamily.plus.com wrote:
>Call me old-fashioned, but what you are describing is the difference
>between design-free-hacking
>followed by iteration, and actually designing something.  You know, all
>that waterfall stuff. I know,
>its not fashionable right now.

This argument is kind of pointless.  You can insult us by saying what
we're doing isn't "real" design, or you can talk about what they do
where you work, but the fact is that we do have some consensus around
doing things a certain way here (iteratively).

Regardless of fashion, we do things a certain way when we work on
Twisted; we'll continue to do something that way unless a major
contributor has some serious suggestions about how things might be done
better.  You're not going to become a major contributor and get that
kind of influence just by complaining; since, by the fact that you're
around and talking about Twisted here, *something* we did with our
iterative process worked out right :).