[Twisted-Python] Wrapping a Perspective Broker remote object with a blocking API

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 09:38:12 MDT 2007

> I'm not sure why you're trying to do this at all, instead of just using
> Twisted in a single-threaded manner.

This is a usage case that we run into regularly.  We have a lot of PB
based servers, but sometimes people want to use a client to them from
an interactive Python or IPython prompt.  At that point you have to
run the reactor in a different thread.  But, I have never seen a
method of putting a blocking API on top of such a client that was
_really_ thread safe.  I have seen a few approaches that seem to work,
but that are clearly non-thread safe.  I would love to see a robust
solution for this problem though - one that could be fully trusted.

Brian