[Twisted-Python] XML-RPC Service with Database Access

Stefan Arentz stefan.arentz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 08:41:34 EDT 2007

I'm interested in using Twisted for a simple XML-RPC service that
needs to talk to either PostgreSQL or MySQL. (I would prefer PG).

I've got the XML-RPC part under control, that is fairly simple with
Twisted Web. But what would I use for the database part? What is
generally the easy way to do database access with Twisted?

Are there ORM solutions that are compatible with Twisted? It would be
nice if I could use something like SQLObject instead of raw queries.

I'm not looking for a complete solution here. Just trying to
understand what is usually done in Twisted land.

 S.