[Twisted-Python] Multiple Twisted Application Plugins in the same directory?

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Wed Sep 12 17:26:29 EDT 2007

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:06:50 -0700 (PDT), Beau Hargis <beau at subobscur.us> wrote:
>I started creating my services as twisted application plugins. When adding a second service as a plugin in the same directory as the first I get an error that the reactor was already installed. If I comment out the import of the reactor in one then I can start the other application. Neither the tutorial nor the source indicate what is going on except that it checks to see if a reactor is already installed at some point. What is the nuance here? Should I just go back to .tac files for these apps?

Could you describe what you're trying in a little more detail?  In particular,
I'm not sure if you're using mktap to create a tap file with multiple services,
if you're using the original plugin system (using tml files) or if you're using
the new plugin system (twisted.plugin).

Generally speaking, there's no problem running more than one service in a
single process.  A service is just an object which receives startup and
shutdown notification.  Anything beyond that is an application-specific
thing.

Jean-Paul