[Twisted-Python] Wrapping a Perspective

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 03:21:59 EDT 2007

On 9/6/07, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> I suggest you abandon Perspective Broker; it's a fully async protocol,
> and by trying to call it in a sync/blocking manner you're going to get
> nowhere fast.
>
> Use something easy like XMLRPC. Twisted can implement that as a server
> with full deferred-capable semantics, it'll run over HTTPS, it's got
> authentication, it's got .net bindings etc.

I have used XMLRPC in the past (until recently it was my main use of
Twisted), but it does not support complex objects, nor callbacks.  PB
does both, but just in an async manner.

I could use CORBA instead of PB, but then I'm likely to be in the
position where I want to learn Twisted and CORBA - I'd rather just
learn Twisted, as long as I can get it to play with Windows COM in the
way that I want.