[Twisted-Python] twistd doesn't work

David Langford langford.d at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 00:57:05 EDT 2007

Hey everyone

  I'm going through the finger tutorial ->
http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/tutorial/intro.html.
And at the end of the first section it talks about using the twistd
command. Now it just plain doesn't work for me, telling me the command is
not found. I'm using a macbook pro and i type the command into terminal.

  Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong. Because the next section doesn't
work (i'm assuming its related to my lack of twistd-ness)

  I know this a n00bish question, and i've been searching for an answer, but
everyone else seems to be able to get it working and no one mentions having
problems. Then i thought maybee i have to download something extra for
twisted, but a search of the site only returned tickets (bug tickets)
instead of an actual search of the site.

  Any help would be greatly appreciated

 Lango