[Twisted-Python] reading serial port asynchronously

Tom Brown brown at esteem.com
Sun Oct 21 18:34:34 MDT 2007

Hi,

I have an application that reads characters off the serial port in a
thread. The problem is, the entire application will hang sometimes. I
believe it is a threading problem, but I can't pinpoint why the
application hangs. So, I'd like to get away from threads and thought
Twisted may help me.

I was told Twisted has the ability to interface with serial ports. I
don't know where to look for the information on how to do this. Any
ideas on where to start looking or pointers on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Tom