[Twisted-Python] using Twisted with postgresql

Doris Lam dlamoris at ucla.edu
Mon Oct 15 21:40:43 MDT 2007

Hi,

I'm new to Twisted and is currently looking for a way to asynchronously
do queries to a postgres database. From what I've seen it looks like
there's a project called pgasync (http://jamwt.com/pgasync/) that does
this, or I can use Twisted's adbapi and some other synchronous module.
I'm wondering if anyone has used pgasync and how it compares to using
adbapi and threads? From the pgasync site it seems the last update was
in 2005, so I'm not sure if anyone's still maintaining it. If using
adbapi's better, can I get some suggestions as to which postgres module
I should use? So far I've seen pyPgSQL and psychopg that're both DB API
2 compliant. Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Doris