[Twisted-Python] LoopingCall vs internet.TimerService

Saptarshi Guha sguha at purdue.edu
Tue Oct 2 17:47:19 MDT 2007

Hello,
Thanks for twisted - very useful. Now, my questions
I have written a server which accepts connections from clients, takes
requests and adds them to a Queue (a python object of Queue.Queue).
Now i have two approaches

a) At startup, my server(a subclass of pb.Root)  runs a "dispatcher"
function using task.LoopingCall(dispatcher).start(0.1)
b)Create a separate subclass of internet.TimerService whose function
is dispatcher

[INFO: dispatcher has methods like obj.callRemote, addCallback and
addErrback]

So which is better, neater, safer? loopingcall of timerservice? also
is it safe to do the calls mentioned in INFO within dispatcher?

Thank you for your time and help.

Saptarshi Guha

Saptarshi Guha
sapsi at pobox.com