[Twisted-Python] stdio.StandardIO, ServerProtocol and Services.

kgi iacovou at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 07:36:28 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 09 October 2007 05:02:27 Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> You want to do things with the terminal.  twistd also wants to do things
> with the terminal (particularly if you use -n).  These two things come
> into conflict.  The added call to reactor.run() seems to "fix" the issue
> because it prevents twistd from finishing the usual startup tasks, so
> your code gets to run and has the terminal to itself.
>
> It's probably not feasible at this point to provide a terminal interface
> to an application run with twistd on the controlling pty for that
> application.  This is a feature which would need to be added to twistd.

Hi Jean-Paul, thanks for your reply (in fact, you seem to have gone on
a "reply to all unanswered questions" rampage!).

Thanks for clearing that up. It's good to know, even though it's not what I
wanted to hear, because now I can stop bashing my head against that
particular brick wall and take another approach.

Regards,

Ricky