[Twisted-Python] Re: LoopingCall vs internet.TimerService

Burus Gmail eburus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 11:37:05 EDT 2007

LoopingCall - periodically call a  function.
TimerService - wrapper for the twisted service with LoopingCall
functionality.

I use LoopingCall and write my own wrapper for the service,
but TimerService is really more universal for it.

More useful - create twisted Service and Plugins for your application,
use component architecture this interface adaptation.
In that variant you will construct TimerService from scratch =).

Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 20:05:43 -0400, Saptarshi Guha <sguha at purdue.edu>
> wrote:
>> I did read the source that
>> a)LoopingCall is implemented via calllater's
>> b)internet.TimerService is a big wrapper around loopingcall
>>
>> I've probably simplified it too much but what then is the difference?
>> thank you
>
> You haven't really simplified too much.  They both provide the same
> functionality.  LoopingCall provides it with one API, TimerService
> provides it with a different API.  Of the two, LoopingCall is the
> more commonly useful.
>
> Jean-Paul

|     SeNd CaKe IcE, hElLo MuMmY...     |