[Twisted-Python] Confused about threads

Simon Pickles sipickles at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 19 06:10:38 MST 2007

I certainly don't use the twisted framework for my whole application,
just the  networking.

For instance, I have an app which is a server to many clients, but also
a client itself to another server, in order to pass system information.
Therefore my code looks something like this pseudocode:

    #main thread
    reactor.listenTCP(serverPort, myFactory(max_clients = 0))
    reactor.connectTCP(otherServerHost, otherServerPort, myClientFactory())
    myProcessingThread().start()
    reactor.run()

myProcessingThread is a class inheriting from Threading, and processes
messages stored in queues by the Twisted thread, with the correct
locking of course (Queues).

I don't doubt that there are many ways to use twisted more. This works
for me, and allows me to get on with the meat of the project.

hth

Si