[Twisted-Python] Problem setting up epollreactor on Leopard

Raja Kapur raja at aonic.net
Fri Nov 16 22:24:48 EST 2007

I'm pretty new to the world of Twisted and Python.

I'm having trouble setting up Twisted with epollreactor on Mac OS X
Leopard, I downloaded the Twisted 2.5.0 tarball which contained all
the components of Twisted.

I installed the package using setup.py, everything seems to be working
fine except epollreactor.

When I do:
   from twisted.internet import epollreactor
   epollreactor.install()

Python says:
   line 1, in <module>
       from twisted.internet import epollreactor
   ImportError: cannot import name epollreactor

I tried Googling around and checking the mailing list archives without
much luck, anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Thank you!