[Twisted-Python] Re: Porting my Win32 Twisted to Linux Twisted [SOLVED]

Simon Pickles sipickles at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 15 03:01:02 EST 2007

It seems Ubuntu is confused by the use of 7001 for the port. It does
appear in the 'reserved' ports lists as 'afs3-callback'

Changing this to another unreserved value, 47001 for example, and its
fine. I guess windows is more sloppy on this front.

Thanks for the advice, Marcin. Wireshark looks interesting too, I just
have to learn how to comprehend all the output now!