[Twisted-Python] "Old style" classes in Twisted and inheritance

Atilla theatilla at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 10:30:13 EST 2007

On 13/11/2007, Andy Fundinger <Andy at newworldelectric.com> wrote:
> I ran into this too, but have had no trouble 'converting' to new style
> classes by just adding "object" to the superclass list.  Anyone have reasons
> why we can't do that?
>
> -Andy Fundinger

I actually had problems with that, python complained when I tried to
inherit "object" and LoopingCall together and then use super(), which
doesn't make sense for Old style objects.

Thanks for the responses. I was getting the feeling that I'm just
trying to abuse language features with no real benefit. I'll stick to
the composition I have above, or even clean it up a little bit to be
more clear.