Divmod Sine Broken? [WAS Re: [Twisted-Python] Media Resource Control Protocol (MRCP)]

Ivan Uemlianin ivan at llaisdy.com
Fri May 25 02:51:11 MDT 2007

Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> The Divmod Sine SIP implementation has numerous bug fixes not present in
> twisted.protocols.sip.  Once #2444 is resolved, the protocol support in
> Twisted will be as good as the protocol support in Divmod Sine.  What
> Sine
> will still offer above the code in Twisted is the higher level APIs which
> make call setup easy enough so that novel applications can focus on their
> novelty instead of on SIP details.
I have attempted and failed to install Divmod Sine.  I posted the
message below to divmod-dev a few days ago but have yet to receive a
reply (it's a quiet list).  I am re-posting the message here in good
faith and in the belief that it is not entirely off-topic or plain stupid.

I'd really like to start writing an MRCP server, and if it's good enough
to contribute it to Twisted, so any help would be much appreciated.

Best wishes

Ivan

Dear All

I am installing the Divmod frameworks, with the intention of
experimenting with Sine and Shtoom.  I have installed everything except
Sine with no problems (using python setup.py install).

With Sine I get the following error:

 File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xmantissa/plugins/sineoff.py",
line 3, in ?
   from xmantissa import website, offering, provisioning
exceptions.ImportError: cannot import name provisioning

I have tried this with both the stable (0.6.1) and svn versions of
Mantissa.

I have grepped through all of Divmod's frameworks (inc. Shtoom) and not
found provisioning except in import statements.  The only class used
from provisioning is BenefactorFactory.

Please could someone let me know either:
- Where I can get a version of xmantissa with provisioning and
BenefactorFactory, or
- Whether and how I can comment out the offending lines from Sine.

Thanks

Best wishes

Ivan