[Twisted-Python] Windows NT Service Problem

Berkstresser, Dan DBerkstresser at daviswire.com
Thu May 17 14:52:16 MDT 2007

Hello, I am trying to get my twisted project to run as a Windows
Service.  I have followed the instructions here:
http://gradstein.info/DeployingTwistedWindows
as well as here:
http://svn.twistedmatrix.com/cvs/sandbox/moonfallen/?rev=18080#dirlist

I have tried setting it up with twistd and also using the runner.py
script with the same result.

I can build the executable and install the service, but whenever I try
to start it it exits immediately.  The Event Log shows this error:

The instance's SvcRun() method failed
  File "win32serviceutil.pyc", line 785, in SvcRun
  File "ntsvc\runner.pyc", line 79, in SvcDoRun
  File "ntsvc\runner.pyc", line 48, in run
  File "twisted\application\reactors.pyc", line 82, in installReactor
twisted.application.reactors.NoSuchReactor: ''

I have tried changing the ntsvc.cfg to 'default' for the reactor entry
and also leaving it blank.  (default says NoSuchReactor: 'default').

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan Berkstresser