[Twisted-Python] Flash AMF and RTMP with Twisted

Thijs Triemstra | Collab lists at collab.nl
Thu May 17 12:43:29 MDT 2007

hi guys,

I'm new to this list and to Twisted. I'm one of the flash/flex
developers on the Red5 project [1], a open source RTMP/AMF/FLV server
for Flash (written in Java with Mina), and I'm wondering if anyone is
working on a Twisted version of these protocols. While searching the
web for info I found a mailinglist topic [2] that discuss the
possibility of a Twisted version but that was written in dec 2003,
when the protocols weren't reverse engineered yet.

So now that they are reverse engineered, I'm wondering how hard it
would be to do the same with Twisted? And has anyone worked on this
before? I'm a Flex developer [3] and don't have much experience with
Twisted but I hope with some help of the Red5 team and the Twisted
community we can bring RTMP to Python. There is already a Python
implementation for AMF [4], and I'm also wondering how this can be
implemented with Twisted?

Regards,

Thijs

[1] http://osflash.org/red5