[Twisted-Python] A Solution Re: [Stackless] Advice on Stackless/Twisted Problem

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Sat May 12 09:42:29 MDT 2007

Hello Itamar:

AF> 2) I modified doSelect to call
stackless.schedule().
AF> If the reactor does not call stackless.schedule(),
AF> other tasklets will not get an opportunity to run.

>Why not just use twisted.internet.task.LoopingCall?

I overlooked using task.LoopingCall in conjunction
with creating a request handler tasklet. I tried and
it works nicely. And LoopingCall is faster too. Sweet!
With the possible need to add critical sections to
stuff like add/remove reader/write, this means I can
leave the reactor alone. This is good.

In the past, I used task.LoopingCall to solve an
earlier problems. I guess I threw the baby out with
the bath water.

Thanks alot!

Cheers,
Andrew