[Twisted-Python] Re: Divmod Sine Broken?

Antoine Pitrou antoine.pitrou at wengo.com
Wed May 30 06:32:39 EDT 2007

Le vendredi 25 mai 2007 à 09:51 +0100, Ivan Uemlianin a écrit :
> Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
> > The Divmod Sine SIP implementation has numerous bug fixes not present in
> > twisted.protocols.sip.  Once #2444 is resolved, the protocol support in
> > Twisted will be as good as the protocol support in Divmod Sine.  What
> > Sine
> > will still offer above the code in Twisted is the higher level APIs which
> > make call setup easy enough so that novel applications can focus on their
> > novelty instead of on SIP details.
> I have attempted and failed to install Divmod Sine.  I posted the
> message below to divmod-dev a few days ago but have yet to receive a
> reply (it's a quiet list).  I am re-posting the message here in good
> faith and in the belief that it is not entirely off-topic or plain stupid.

Just my 2 cents... The Sine author looks dead for all purposes. He
doesn't answer bug reports for his own code.

After playing around with the SIP support in Twisted, finding a few bugs
whose correction (*) was refused on the grounds that the author had
forked his own code as a separate project, we at Wengo have written our
own SIP stack on top of a patched twisted.protocols.sip.

(*) http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/2220

Good luck :)

Regards

Antoine.