Tell us how you're using Twisted (was Re: [Twisted-Python] Win32 IOCPReactor?)

zooko at zooko.com zooko at zooko.com
Mon May 21 11:56:15 EDT 2007

 I wrote:

> Allmydata, Inc. uses Twisted in its current proprietary consumer backup product
> [1] as well as in its free-software distributed storage grid project [2].
> [1] http://allmydata.com/
> [2] http://allmydata.org/

Oh, and apropos the discussion about Twisted-on-Windows and iocp reactor,
I should mention that the current consumer-usable product [1] runs exclusively
on Windows (although the non-GUI, server part of it also runs on our Linux
servers).  The new free-software project [2] runs on Linux, Mac, Windows,
Cygwin.  We use the select reactor exclusively.  Every couple of months we
experiment again with switching to iocp reactor, and we hit a bug that forces
us to switch back to the select reactor, e.g. [3].  The good news is that it's
a new bug each time...

Regards,

Zooko

[3] http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/changeset/524