[Twisted-Python] Getting multiservice from running reactor

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Mon May 7 15:30:31 EDT 2007

On Mon, 07 May 2007 16:08:25 -0300, fairwinds at eastlink.ca wrote:
>Hi Jean Paul. Yes, normally this is the case for sure.  In this case, however, this is zope 3's  startup and I cannot get a handle on the multiservice after zope bootstraps. I am interested in adding services to running reactor with some control on starting and stopping them.  Is it not possible to determine what services the reactor is operating on another way. Many thanks.

You should probably make a feature request of the Zope 3 developers.  They
should offer a way to get the IApplication (or IService or whatever) that
their setup code creates.  If they aren't willing to do this (I don't see
why they wouldn't be), then maybe you can think of ways to discover it,
but any such way is going to be pretty hackish and an official Zope 3 API
would be preferable.

Jean-Paul