[Twisted-Python] problem with a tutorial

Chris Mellon arkanes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 10:06:21 MDT 2007

On 3/28/07, Rob Smith <palacenataku at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > I didn't find in the docs where this tutorial
> > resides, but that means that you
> > need a file named qotdfactory.py in your PYTHONPATH
> > (or in the current
> > directory). Isn't there any reference to this file
> > in that tutorial?
> >

> It's in the current directory, but I don't think I've
> touched the PYTHONPATH. There isn't anything
> mentioning that in the tutorial I was looking at
> (which was Using the Twisted Application Framework).
>
> However, it is mentioned in a few other places. It
> seems I was just being too selective of what sections
> to read, and thus didn't understand the directory
> structure these files required.
>
> Thanks, for the reply! This should fix my problem.

If you're using Python 2.5 then this is probably because of a default
path change from 2.4, which breaks scripts like twistd and trial. See
ticket 2489 on the twisted trac for some details. The fix you'll want
to make is to modify your twistd.py (and any other twisted scripts) so
that the current directory is added to sys.path.

sys.path.insert(0, os.curdir)

is all it takes.

is all it takes.