[Twisted-Python] Using twisted.conch

listbox at evernex.com listbox at evernex.com
Thu Mar 22 15:05:17 MDT 2007

pico wrote:
> The problem is that, due to the ClientFactory creating instances of
> the relevant objects for you
> (SSHClientTransport,SSHUserAuthClient,etc), you are left without a
> reference to the SSHChannel object,required to run the command.
>
> Is there any way to get the SSHChannel object from the
> SSHClientTransport instance.
> Any advice with this matter would be appreciated.

I confess to not fully understanding your question, but perhaps a (sort
of) singleton object might do it?  In the ClientFactory (or whereever
the SSHChannel is created), instantiate the singleton object and then
assign the SSHChannel to a variable tacked onto it.  You can assign
'self' to such a variable too. Then every time you instantiate that
singleton object again, it has the reference already in it.

I use the 'Borg' class to do this and I've used it to store references
to a netstringReceiver in my own Twisted code.

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/66531